Thursday 1 February 2007

$2.9M for Vizu Answers - WTF?!?!

Nick Gonzalez over at Tech Crunch reports that Vizu Answers just got US$2.9M in funding from Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ). Even if DFJ got 130% of the company and points on all future earnings of all directors they still got robbed.

This thing is doomed to fail because, quite simply, the information it provides the people who are paying for the service is completely useless. This type of polling is open to severe abuse and its impossible to know who is voting. How can this be considered market research?

Then the clincher…They are charging people on impressions, not on votes.

Hmmmm. Seems this is an advertising gimmick, not a true market research tool, and I suspect it won’t be long before most potential customers realize this.

I guess I should mention that this is kinda in the space that we’re developing something, which is why I might seem a little angry.

So, Hey!, DFJ, if you’re looking for a sound investment in the market research space, drop me an email at info at oneeyedeer dot com. I guarantee you something that is more innovative, more useful and more profitable than this nonsense.

No comments: